First, I would like to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. This year, 2017, has been a very difficult year for ISM-Fort Worth trying to implement changes that were necessary to make the association stronger in the long run. We have struggled with meeting attendance and trying to understand how to best serve our members. I trust that each of you will renew your membership in 2018 and not give up on participating in the ISM-Fort Worth events. Here are some of the potential changes and plans for 2018.
- CPSM Certification Training - We have coordinated with Tarrant County College to start create a formal CPSM training class which should begin in February 2018. Stay tuned to find a great value in preparation for each for the three CPSM module tests.
- We have planned an educational networking meeting in January at a restaurant location easily accessible near downtown Fort Worth. You should be receiving an invitation early next week.
- March is Supply Management month and we will celebrate accordingly with a special meeting.
- Decrease in association dues. The Board of Directors is considering a decrease in the annual dues structure base on last year's changes to meeting and event charges. We will be announcing changes to the dues structure by the end of February 2018.
Don't forget renewal of membership for regular members as you should receive renewal notices from ISM national headquarters. If you have not then please feel free to contact me.
Steve Ballenger, CPSM (972-603-9233) email@example.com
Executive Director, ISM-Fort Worth
Charlotte Brening has been elected by the ISM-Fort Worth Board of Directors to assume the role of President through the end of this current term. Charlotte works at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control and has served on the Board of Directors for ISM-Fort Worth for over a year as Treasurer.
- Kevin Noble - Fort Worth Housing Authority
January 2018 Social/Networking Event - let's get together at Pappasitos or Pappadeauxs near downtown off of I-30 on Thursday January 18. Registration will be available soon!
On September 25th 2017 our association hosted the 21st Annual Golf Tournament and it was a huge success! Our golf committee will begin working on the 22nd Annual tournament early 2018. Tee and Green Sponsors, players, donations for raffle, auction, and goodie bags, and volunteers will all be needed. Ask us how you can support!
Go to the ISM-Golf Tournament website for more information or contact Howard Hudler at 817-271-5573 for more information.
What is Blockchain?
It's a technology that was conceived by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008 - bitcoin, a secure digital currency. Blockchain provides the technology that allows bitcoin to be a secure transaction ledger database that is shared by all parties participating in an established, distributed network of computers. It records and stores every transaction that occurs in the network, essentially eliminating the need for “trusted” third parties such as payment processors. Blockchain proponents often describe the innovation as a “transfer of trust in a trustless world,” referring to the fact that the entities participating in a transaction are not necessarily known to each other yet they exchange value with surety and no third-party validation. For this reason, the Blockchain is a potential game changer.
This new technology and its claim of a ultimate secure transfer of data is being reviewed by banking institutions, Wall Street, and now the Supply Chain world. SAP, Dun & Bradstreet, and many other key supply chain technology companies are quickly trying to understand and possibly develop ways to apply this technology. I'm sure we will hear much more about Blockchain in the near future.